Sunday, April 30, 2006

Recently Completed

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Best game in 2006 so far for me: Kingdom Hearts 2. Absolutely left me speechless, awed and sweating when I finished it. It's a Walt Disney films meets Final Fantasy type gaming (storyline, gameplay, music).

It's not only the game itself that fascinated me, but items in the plot...

... like how two best friends both think that the other is better than himself;
... like how a boy declares it his personal mission to watch out for a girl; and
... like how someone thinks that there are other worlds apart from the one he's standing in

appealed to me greatly because these were also scenes in my life.

Playing a good video game, for me, provides the same mental challenges and personal reflections I get from reading good books.

If Kingdom Hearts 2 were a book, it would be at my bedside table always.

No comments: