Monday, April 17, 2006

My "You" Post

if i can discern that it is you
from afar by just a wisp of your hair
or your lovely ears
or your graceful shoulders

what is it am i feeling?

if i can hear your melodious voice
clearly among the chorus
or in a crowded bar
or in a throng of ladies
when I am seated away

what is this that i feel?

if i know is it you
when you pat me at my back
or when you approach me from behind
or when you leave an unsigned note

what is it that i feel?

You make me feel happy.
You make me feel at ease.
You make me feel light at my feet and do stupid things.
You make me feel welcomed.
You make me feel at peace.
You make me feel ecstatic over the simplest things.

what is it that you feel?

all i need is a sign
a point of discontinuity in time
to make my daydreams real
and tell you how i feel.

No comments: