Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Blood Lines

After being away from my desk for the whole afternoon yesterday, I found a fruit jelly cup at my desk.

Somebody likes me.

Nyahahaha... gawan ba naman yung sarili ko ng tsismis... Ohwell, I'm no fan of gelatinous foods --- coagulated blood has the same texture! And it so happens that the fruit jelly left by my secret admirer (dream on, stip!)looks like coagulated blood.

But thanks for the fruit jelly cup. I'll do a Dracula tonight and gorge on it while watching a horror film on DVD.

------------------------------

Janice and I were chit-chatting yesterday during our regular de-stress break. After going through our workplace's 'current events' -- nilagang love triangle, Business Improvement Review tasks, coded project status -- Janice mentioned that she has relationship ties in Cavite and has roots tracing back to Emilio Aguinaldo.

"What?!"

I explained that I'm a direct great-great-great grandchild of Emilio Aguinaldo himself from my mother's side. My eldest sister and youngest brother did a couple of research works on our family's genealogy (both of which were published in different magazines) years ago.

So in short, Janice and I are distant relatives. Small world, huh.

-------------------------------

Jourdy has been contemplating on getting a tattoo on his upper back, and asked me the other night how long it'll take him to donate a gallon of blood. So that's 4.2 liters divided by 700 mL per donation equals 6 donations. The interval in-between blood donations is 3 months minimum. Therefore, it'll be 18 months before he's accomplished his target. Good for him --- at least he had the foresight to secure his blood supply in case he needs one in the future.

Getting a tattoo will ban you from donating blood, and that's one detail I forgot. I've been thinking of getting one myself (thanks to Lissa for the bright idea and to a couple of lady friends who gave me a gift certificate to a tattoo parlor for my birthday). However, I completely forgot about my blood donation status.

So far, I've donated a total of 2000 mL. I'm limited to 500 mL per donation because of my weight and body type. But according to my sis, that's enough blood in the bank for normal medical emergencies.

And what tattoos to get? I've reduced my options to either a celtic design of the Pisces zodiac or Squall's emblem on Final Fantasy VIII. Jourdy's asking for ideas on kanji translations of his name or virtues, but a-li-ba-ta writing may be good too.

No comments: