Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Morning Call

Time: 0615H today.
Where: my pad

(my mobile phone ringing) ** Krriiinnggg!!!! ***

Myself: (sleepily) hello...?
Caller: STIIIFFFYYY!!!
Myself: ... who's this?
Caller: Guess who, man!
Myself: ... I'm still sleepy. Kits, is that you? What's the emergency?
Quito: Wala lang, dude. Just thought of calling you.
Myself: Okay dude. Let me get back to sleep.
Quito: Ano ka ba, man? Get up! Get your ass off your bed!
Myself: Quito... I'm really sleepy.
Quito: Make some coffee.
Myself: Okay, I'm going back to sleep. I'm hanging up, Kits. Talk to you later.

(Myself hangs up the phone)


in less than a minute...

*** KKKKRRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG! ***

Myself: (mumbling) paksyet...
Myself: Hello?
Quito: STIIFFFFY!!!!
Myself: Quito? Weren't we through this earlier?
Quito: SO you've made your coffee na?
Myself: (getting off the bed) Fine, fine, fine. You're going to tell me something. Let me put you on speaker mode so I can listen to you while I make my coffee.
Quito: Great, man.
Myself: Okay. Go ahead. Kwento?
Quito: So how are you man?
Myself: You woke me up for that!?
Quito: So how are you nga?
Myself: The usual... work, work, work. Went to Bora by myself two weeks ago. My parents are good, my social life is fine, no girlfriends at the moment, lots of friends, been going to the gym, John is in the US, Tom I haven't a clue... Hey, greet your mom and Marge a happy mother's day for me.
Quito: Got laid?
Myself: Who?
Quito: You.
Myself: When?
QUito: That's what I'm asking.
Myself: Hell no!
Quito: No what? "No" you didn't get laid or "No" you're not telling me?
Myself: No I didn't get laid. I'm a good boy so far.
Quito: Since January?
Myself: Since January. Why are you so interested?
Quito: You're my best friend! So I just want you to be happy.
Myself: Thanks for the flattery, but getting me laid is not the best way to make me happy.
Quito: How's your coffee?
Myself: Fine. Where are you?
Quito: Doesn't matter. So not even at the gym?
Myself: Hahaha. Keep your fantasies to yourself.
Quito: Wanna go out with my friend?
Myself: No.
Quito: Why not?
Myself: Knowing you, it's because you want me to get laid. Next topic.
Quito: I'm offering my pool.
Myself: Hahaha.. tempting, but I'm not biting. She pretty?
Quito: Seriously, she's your type. I can sense it.
Myself: Doesn't matter. I'm not doing it.
Quito: Hahahaha. You're really a good guy, Stiff.
Myself: Thank you.
Quito: Aren't you making porma to someone?
Myself: Err... that's a complicated thing for me right now.
Quito: Okay, tell me.
Myself: Not now, some other time.
Quito: Promise you'll tell me? Maybe I can help, for a change.
Myself: Err... okay.
...
..
.
Quito: So how come we became best friends?
Myself: Dunno. Opposites attract? You, the jock and me, the geek?
Quito: Not anymore. You're more athletic than me, so I heard.
Myself: From whom?
Quito: Doesn't matter. Here's our set-up. We only meet what, once or twice a year? Yet, we remain close and sometimes even closer than back in college.
Myself: Agree.
Quito: That's all you can say?
Myself: That's how best friends are, I think.
Quito: You know, for a geeky person you could have taken the time to expound further.
Myself: It's early morning!!! We'll discuss this at a later time. I got to get ready for work.
Quito: Next week?
Myself: Nope, can't. The weekend after?
Quito: Call. My place.
Myself: Fine. Barbecue?
Quito: Good. Drinks on me.
Myself: Okay. Time?
Quito: 4 pm. Pool. Swimming gear.
Myself: No problem. Maqui will be there?
Quito: Yeah.
Myself: Cool. I can finally hand his birthday and christmas gifts.
Quito: See? We haven't met in a long time!
Myself: Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've been meaning to, but there's just a lot in my head lately. Gotta go, kits. Thanks for the morning call.
Quito: Wait wait wait. One more thing!
Myself: What?
Quito: LJ (his second son) is having his baptism on May 28th. Lunch at Saisaki in ATC ha.
Myself: Okay. I'll schedule it.
QUito: And ninong ka ha. Just 3 sets of godparents for LJ, same as Maqui. Village chapel.
Myself: Okay. Bye Kits!
Quito: Wait wait wait. One more thing!
Myself: (impatient)... ano pa?
Quito: Marge is 3 months pregnant. Okay, bye!!

*hangs up the phone*

Random behaviors like that truly make my life interesting.

No comments: