Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dear Gyro


Remind me five years from now what video game console you wish to have for either your birthday or as a Christmas gift.


I'll also support any artistic or athletic endeavors you may develop interests in --- play the violin, or your dad's saxophone, or swimming, or peewee soccer, or taekwondo. I enjoy wargames, mountaineering, badminton, wall climbing and recently, ultimate frisbee. I'll tell you about the time your dad and I played some wargames in the housing compound and how we ended up being surrounded by a platoon of real soldiers.


I'll hand you your first comic book as soon as you are able to read. I'll explain to you why Batman is the most kick-ass superhero around, and that you should idolize him.


I'll tell you to go to Tito Emer if you want to widen your musical perspective. He's the dark dude in the photo.


I'll introduce you to Tita Val, so she can tell you how to be popular among girls. She's the other woman in the photo.


The Chinese guy in the photo is your Tito Jay. At all costs, you should not believe in everything he says. Verify his statements either with your dad, mom or me.


Be sure to be obedient to your mom and dad. They are really good people, and they know what's best for you.


That being said, welcome to the Christian world!


- Ninong Stip

No comments: