Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I Don't Care

I say I don'te care about what you think
As long as it is about me.
The best of us can find happiness in misery.


This song has been playing over and over in my head for the last month or so, ever since I downloaded it for my Rockband game in my PS3. I love the drum sequence (really simple, but very catchy). I even played this song on drums AND on vocals at the same time.

"I Don't Care" is from the Fallout Boy's newest album Folie a Deux. The Rockband game had a great influence on my music taste for the last 2 years. I wasn't sure before that Fallout Boy was a good band with good music, but playing their songs on the game made me realize that their music (and beat) is just right for me.

And by some wild coincidence, my best friend gave me 3 tickets to the Fallout Boy's concert on Feb 13th --- not just any ticket, but Lower Box tickets. Sweet! It's a big coincidence because he got the tickets from his employer, who in turn has those free tickets because they developed the Rockband game I'm playing, and it was Rockband that got me to listening seriously to Fallout Boy songs.

It's a pity that they weren't VIP or Patron tickets, but what the heck. I don't care. Beggars can't be choosers. *grin*

I just realized that the chorus of the song "I Don't Care" is how my demeanor has been for the last many months.
As it goes, the best of us can find happiness in misery.

No comments: