Monday, January 19, 2009

RIOT, Squeaky Clean

1. RIOT

Arrgs... The frisbee league is starting on Sunday. I'm excited about it, but at the same time a bit anxious. Our team is moving up in the pool bracket, and we're going against the more elite players in the disc community. Our team has merged with another team and decided to brand ourselves Team RIOT for this tournament.

We played pick-up games with three other teams at the Sunken Garden last weekend. Ang daming tao! Seems like the whole frisbee community is preparing hard for the first league of the year.

Blue, the captain of the other team that merged with us, taught us a complex drill --- a "2-man go-to" drill. It was fast-paced, required some nimble footwork and more importantly, precise passing.

But, it wasn't my best day for frisbee. I twisted my ankle. I fumbled the disc four times in a row (which my teammates noticed).

But at least my passing was decent.

After the games and drills, we went to Shakey's for dinner and Cantina for drinks, and had ourselves a RIOT kind of time!

2. Shower shower shower... shower

I technically had to take four baths yesterday. Hahahaha!

I practically spent most of my free time soaking myself under the sun. The chilly and cloudy weather for the last few weeks at Batangas made me appreciate it.

1 comment:

Reyjr said...

good luck sa tourney!