Monday, January 12, 2009

Ultimate Weekend - 2009

* groan *

My battle scars last weekend:

A stiff left forearm,
Really tired hamstrings,
Sore calf muscles,
Tense shoulders,
And a hurting shin at my left leg.

The 2009 season for ultimate frisbee has started! Wahoo!

--------------

The team came over to our place in Batangas last weekend for some practice games and a party afterwards (Jungle-themed). I really can’t figure out which thing is our team better at: playing or partying, hahaha.

We played a couple of games at a field here in Batangas --- really great field for diving, lay-outs and rolls. I think the whole team was really excited in the weekend’s practice game. Everybody was running faster, passing better and making some awesome catches. The enthusiasm level was so great that it didn’t stop anyone from playing despite some minor injuries incurred by some players during the game.

My highlight: intentionally blocking off JP’s running lane during their side’s 1-2 play. Unfortunately, JP didn’t see me when I positioned for the block so he rammed into me (and his cleats dug into my shin). Sent me flying on my back, and the momentum was so great that there was enough for me to execute a back-roll and get back on my feet. The adrenaline rush was good, and for the rest of the game it dulled the ache on my left shin and ankle.

No pain, no gain.

--------------

I was surprised to find out that Orange, Vern and Erick can sing superbly well on Rockband. Astig! I found myself a new set of jammers!

No comments: