Monday, January 28, 2008

Taxi Ride

It's been ages since I last rode on a taxi in Metro Manila. Last Saturday, I decided to NOT bring my car and see how I can manage both my date and my schedule for the day. In summary, I was able to keep my date and attend to all my tasks for the day.

Now, with the topic of the date (which I'm sure a lot of people are interested to know about) and my schedule aside, let's talk about my taxi ride.

The first taxi I hopped onto had to bring me from Glorietta to Pioneer Street. I took my position in a queue just to the side of the nearby Shoemart. There must be a corollary of Murphy's Law somewhere for taxis: if you're in a hurry and you're all sweaty because of the humid weather, you get the most dilapidated taxicab in the queue.

It was a very interesting taxi ride: it was noon and the airconditioning wasn't working well. Add to that a very cautious manong driver who seems 10 years past his retirement age. Rather than let myself be agitated by the situation, I just indulged in my situation.

Pretty soon, manong driver was trying to make kwento with me.

"Ay iho, ilang taon ka na?

"28 po. Mag-twenty-nine na sa March," I added further. I was fascinated by the holes on his dashboard.

"Ha?!" Manong driver beeps at an Altis which is trying to cut into his lane along EDSA.

"Bakit naman po kayo nabigla? I think I can see a bare wire through the hole in the dashboard.

"Mukha ka kasing mga bentsingko pa lang." Whoa!

"Ay nako manong (lolo?)" At this point I was trying to guess what's making the wheezing sound from the taxi's engine.

"Siguro madalas kang mag-s*x 'no?"

What the...

Manong driver continues, "Nakakabata kasi talaga yang s*x. Aba ako, dati...."

Okay, I won't tell word-for-word everything that he told me during that taxi ride. Let's just say that it was pretty amusing (and awkward) hearing about the sex life of a septuagenarian taxi driver.

Hahaha. Weirdest taxi ride I ever got.

6 comments:

Gilthanas said...

actually stip hindi halata na malapit ka na 28 ka na. mukha kang 27 pa lang. =D

U.T.O.Y said...

dear istepin,

mukhang nahalatang kinakailangan mo ng mag toot toot. kulang ka na daw.

hayaan mo pag nagkaroon ka ng stag party makakabawi ka rin.

intay ng stag party,
UTOY

hephaestus said...

Masyado pang matagal yung stag party pre. Sa DVRTM party na lang. Hahaha! =)

Anonymous said...

ano ba?! bat ba hit yang DVRTM na an?!

hey stippy!! I'm baaaackkkk!!!!! =)

hay.. may naisip na naman akong hirit para kay manong pero magbbackfire lang yun.. tiyak..

anyway, ang weird naman nung lolo na yun.. =S

hephaestus said...

unsa man nang imong hirit, 'day? sige na kami-kami ra bitaw.

stip said...

yawa kayong lahat!! hahaha...

onga day. unsa mang hirit. ples? hahaha.