Friday, March 24, 2006

Of Ladders, Cakes, Drinks and Gossip

In my personal hilarious involvement with what we all know to be "My Mortal Life", I have just ended my 26th year of existence and moving sluggishly with my 27th.

Or for those who can't appreciate a literary approach with declaring that one has just celebrated his 27th birthday, I JUST TURNED 27 a few days ago.

Hahaha...

I really felt like a loser on my birthdate for various reasons: (1) I had to work on that night; (2) there was too much work that night; and (3) because I was too tired after work, I opted to sleep the remainder of the day. I had to climb so may vertical ladders to go inspect this column or check out that fin-fan heat exchanger or crawl into a manhole and get all grimey with sludge and oil. My work for that period has the physical equivalent of my whole weekly gym program compressed into 12 hours.

Image hosting by Photobucket

If only I had the powers that I so often fantasize about every time I played a Final Fantasy game, I would have casted a "Sleep" spell on the whole refinery so I can celebrate my birthday with decency. Let the refinery sleep so Stip can party! Wahahaha...

Even if my hectic work schedule is conspiring against the social animal that I am, I still made it a point to welcome my birthday outside my workplace. Had dinner at Red Crab (in ATC) with a selection of my workmates. Sumptuous food and cold beer with great people -- it felt so great to be in a civilized and stress-free atmosphere. And I get to blow my first birthday 'cake' for my 27th year celebration.

Image hosting by Photobucket

A few days later on a Friday night (despite the fact that I have work at 6 am the following day back at the refinery), I travelled to Manila to celebrate it with friends at East of St Louis bar in The Fort Strip. I invited the week-end-warriors group, TMS, officemates and college friends. We bantered, hollered, guffawed and smiled here-and-there. Nuks... I felt like I'm NOT a geek. It was also a great occassion to touch base with some of my friends whom last I've seen were last Christmas (topics ranged from wedding bells to the latest syoting to the next game).

Image hosting by Photobucket

One of my friends (Niks) also had to entertain some of his office guests that night and decided to bring them over to the same place. It turns out that his Chicago roommate is a schoolmate of mine way back in college. Six years have passed and it's surprising that both of us are still familiar with each other's names and faces.

Image hosting by Photobucket

As I do have to go to work at 6 am, I had to say goodbye at around 1 am because I still have to drive back to Batangas. This is the best goodbye scene I've ever been in. Hehehehe...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thanks guys and girls. Great people, great party!

Only two persons could have made the occasion better but both have prior commitments to attend to. Anyway, they did promise to make it up to me . :D

See you on my party next year, that is if I'm not married yet. Bwahahahaaha.

---------------

postscript:

In an informal poll, 10 out of 11 people believed that Chie will get married before Syo. And that Jayjay and Annelle will make an announcement soon. And that Marijo is nearing the deadline to snag a boyfriend.

No comments: