Monday, March 06, 2006

Kaleidoscope Saturday

I had a kaleidoscope-type Saturday night. It's been a month since I last stayed in Manila for more than 12 hours.

-----------

Rumor Mill: According to some sources, a certain female friend of mine has a new guy in tow. Moreover, people are thinking that they are already an 'item'. And to think that I've seen the two of them together two or three times already but I dismissed it as purely a 'barkada' relationship. Some photos are out there in the web and some of my friends thought that I was that guy. :D

People around are waiting for the 'official' announcement.

-----------

I hooked up with Chard at Ortigas Home Depot for a bike/car show at 11 pm, just in time for the awarding ceremonies. Chard entered his Honda Jazz in the 600-something-something-yada-yada-watts-or-higher Car Audio category. I never really appreciated car modifications even for sound system upgrades.

It was a first of several sorts for me: (1) attending a car show competition (2) knowing actually somebody in the show with an entry and (3) being mistaken for one of the car owners with an official entry.

It was an interesting experience because of an interesting crowd. Car enthusiasts are human din pala! I had this predisposition that car enthusiasts are either super-rich coño looking guys and spoiled bodacious ladies. But I learned, felt, touched and smelled that they are no different from you or me. No need to be intimidated by them! I've made friends (better term = FUTURE CONTACTS) with a number of them.

Chard won first place in his category (for his 50k something sound system, winning over another audio set-up that reportedly costed the owner about 200k).

-----------

RE-ACQUAINTED: At around 1 am, our small group (Chard, Roms, myself and Chard's car-show friends) celebrated Chard's win at nearby PierOne. We took a table at the second floor.

Just behind our table were two girls and guy. Chard recognized one of them and went to their table. Small chit-chat. Then he called me to their table.

"Stip, remember Crista?"

Holy shit. Admittedly, I was caught off-guard. When we got back to our table, kawawa ako kay Chard and Roms.

------------

MR HITCH: Among myself, Roms and Chard, part of the night was spent discussing how to make 'diskarte' to our respective potential girls. If we were animals, Chard's an aggressive carnivore, Roms is a docile herbivore and I'm a whatever-behavior-is-appropriate-omnivore.

------------

And without knowing it, I consumed five and a half bottles of beer that night. Hehehe... was tipsy on the way home night. I had to drive really slow... all the streetlights and rearlights of the vehicles passing me by had a kaleidoscope effect on me.

No comments: