Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bakasyon Rewind

Currently on night-shift, so I'm using this blog-post to de-stress. :D

Memorable bakasyon moments, in no particular order:

1. "Open your mouth", sabi ni Thai-girl sa 'kin from the makeshift stage. May balak siyang i-shoot yata sa bibig ko yung saging na i-la-launch niya from her *toot*toot* as part of the SHOW. Naturally I kept my mouth firmly shut while the rest of my friends had their mouths wide open from laughing too hard. [Phuket/Bangkok trip - July 2005]

2. Glenn tulog. Tapos biglang napaupo sa hinihigaan and goes "Ehek-ehek-ehm-ehek-cough-kaf..." na akala mo nakalulon ng butiki habang natutulog. [Re-enactment by Richard]. [Bantayan-Bohol vacation - May 2004]

3. How I forgot our cottage number in Puerto Azul and thought that "this cottage must be it" and opened the door, and how I stumbled upon a naked couple on the couch, and how I said "Oooops...". [Puerto Azul - summer 1994]

4. Gotten stranded for two days at HKIAirport because Cathay Pacific went on a blitz strike. At least I got to use their VIP lounge (it's got a damn jacuzzi!). [Hanoi, Vietnam - October 1998]

5. Finding myself asleep on top of a rock about 15 meters away from the shoreline after a drinking session with Quito the previous night. [Nasugbu - August 1996]

6. Bungee jumped from 230 feet. So that's how it feels to be very near death. [Phuket - July 2005]

7. Two names: Maria (Canadian-Chinese) and Angela (from Alaska). My firsthand experience on confirming that Westerners are fairly 'liberated' people. [Big Bear Lake, California - July 1997]

8. First banana boat ride wipe-out = swallowing a lot of seawater = vomiting in the middle of the sea. Uwwwaaaakkkk.... [Boracay - May 2003]

9. "Polar bear" swim. Swam for 10 minutes in 6 deg C weather. Brrrrr... [Alaska - July 1998]

10. Vandal-writing "I was here -- S.M.C." at the northenmost base leg of the Eiffel tower. Hahaha... I asked a friend of mine to check it on his trip a year later but he reported back that it was clean (apparently, it gets cleaned once-a-year). [Eurotour - November 1999]

No comments: