Sunday, November 11, 2007

One Week to Urbanathlon

Inspired by my acquaintances Carmela (budding triathlete) and Roms (marathon runner), plus peer pressure from Chie, and more of personally challenging myself, I registered late last night for the Men's Health & Fitness URBANATHLON.



The URBANATHLON is a 10-kilometer race to be held on Sunday at the FORT. It's not your ordinary run -- participants need to conquer seven obstacles along the route.

I think I can manage the obstacles except for this one -- the wall. I can do it if I have the wall to myself, but if you're with 400+ other runners it's gonna be like a scene from that Japanese game show "Takeshi's Castle".

Obstacles include a commando crawl, pylon hurdles, a tire maze and a minefield among others. Those who've done bivouac training definitely have an advantage. My aim of joining the race is just to really finish it within regulation time.

Anyway, this event has gotten me excited. I've been re-training myself for the run since last week.

I'm definitely gonna be an urban warrior this weekend. The Chairman's Badminton Cup is on Saturday, and the Urbanathlon is on the following day.

Papabugbog na naman ako ng katawan. Hahahaha. Sana matapos ko yung race. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pagsamahin ba naman sa isang sentence ang tatlong pangalan. chismis na naman yan. hehe

good news stip, my joke came true. di pa talaga kami registered hehe hopefully maregister by wednesday. was really looking forward to running that lalo na at walang practice.

natural athlete eh. haha