Monday, August 08, 2005

- Weekend Wreck

So many things happened this last weekend that I don't know how to organize this blog post. Bahala na... labo-labo na lang ang pagsulat.

1. G.T.-TRIP at the REFINERY [FRI 1830 - 2130]

Putris... the refinery I work in experienced a total power failure on Friday because our gas turbines tripped. Me, Jackie and Jourdy are at the gym, 30 minutes into our respective work-outs, when it happened. Because Jackie's on duty and she just hitched a ride with me going to the gym, we had to drop whatever we're lifting and drive back to the refinery.

Total power failure nga... the refinery's all dark except for the flare.

Impact on me: my blending system eventually shut down. Putting it back online is a big pain... *groan* It'll be a stressful Monday for me.

Power was restored yesterday early morning but the refinery hasn't normalized yet.

2. INUMAN with Shift C [FRI 2230 - 0130]

A few hours later (around 930 pm Friday), power was restored momentarily when the refinery was able to tap into the NPC grid. Since the diagnostics for my system would take some time and practically worthless without the I.T. guys, I agreed to go have a one-or-two with Emerson at VIVO.

A few minutes after we arrived at VIVO some of the outgoing operators from Shift C chanced upon us. Later on, they invited us to join them at TOTEM. We talked about the shutdown, the Pinoy-wants-to-secure-future mentality vs job security vs job hunting, the new hires, the capability of present technologists, the CBA, dieting and health ailments.

Emer and myself received invites for their next shift outing. Yung 1-or-2 namin ni Emer, naging 5-or-6 bottles tuloy...

3. SBTM Maintenance [SAT, 0430 - ????]

Lost track of time on this one. I was intermittently called by Oil Movements for SBTM. The problem with this system is that it's like the human body: so many vital organs have to be monitored to ensure that the whole system is working well. I was playing the role of the doctor-on-call then, with minimal sleep.

Then the power tripped again at around 2 pm. Back to square one. Pucharaga!

4. that LEFT BEHIND feeling [SAT, 1730 H]

I received this SMS: "Pssst... are you going to xxxx surprise birthday party?"
My reply: "I'm sorry. I didn't receive an invite. Baka galit sa kin yung organizer?"
Reply to my reply: "Si yyyyyy? But I think she asked zzzzz to invite the refinery people..."
My reply: "Then I guess galit sa 'kin si zzzzzz. Oh well... out na naman ako."

The thing that made this mind-wrecking is that the celebrant is (or WAS? i'm not sure now) who I consider to be my most-'kasundo' male colleague here at the workplace. I gave the thought two minutes tops. My decision: bahala na, I won't act on it. Go with the flow. Win some, lose some.

Taking a cue from the wisdom of el jugador, I think I've been pushed out of their circle of trust.

5. MARKET MARKET [1915 H]

Braving the persistent rain, road hazards and potential traffic jams, I left Batangas around 530 pm to shop for three items from Market! Market!: (1) an iTrip for my iPod mini; (2) an Xbox shirt for the birthday celebrant and (3) more PS2 games for myself.

Results: (1) That electronics store who told me they had an iTrip was referring to an iGriffin. Hello??? There's a big difference between the two items. Sheeeeshh... excited pa naman akong magkaroon ng iTrip. (2) the XBox shirts were already sold out, so I had to settle for an MGS3 shirt instead as my gift. (3) Glorioskiii.... no copies yet of Doom3 for the PS2. Drat!

6. CAVITE DINNER [2030 H]

Dinner was at our house in Cavite; attendance among us siblings were required by my parents. Sheessh... drayber ako buong hapon ahh.

We had my dad's adobo, my mom's menudo, my Tito Pip's fried bangus, my Tita Letty's tahong and my kid brother's leche flan. Plus spagetti care of my brother. All of them home-cooked. Contribution ko was ice for the softdrinks hehehe.

7. GILLIGAN's ISLAND, [2330 H]

Left Cavite at 1030pm for a get-together gimik called by my HS batchmates at Gilligan's Island in G2.

There wuz 4 of us only. Me, Maloy, Ipe and Pao.

Pao delivered a 'press conference'.

In tears over beers (for them) and vodka (for myself; nakakalaki kasi ng tyan ang beer), Pao told us that Weng is getting married next Friday.

That caught me by surprise... Pao and Weng have been together for 11 years, went a bit blurry last February, and now all of a sudden that Weng is getting married next week. And not to Pao.

She's getting married to some officemate.

Honestly Weng, I hope that despite your decision and actions, you'll experience happiness and peace of mind. Pao may not be the most affluent guy you've met, but he's the most caring guy I've known. Plus he's my cousin.

By the way, my mom says it's still okay with her if you want to get her as your ninang. And yes, okay pa rin sa 'kin na gawin mo kong ninong for your baby soon. Let's not sever connections because of this unplanned event. We (me, my parents, our barkada) will still be there to support you if you need it.

Press conference and counselling session ended at 0430H the next day. My liquor count: 2 beers and 7 vodka shots.

8. SBTM na NAMAN! [SUN, 0745 H]

Drat... I got a call from the refinery Duty Officer General that SBTM is still having problems. "Hello!??! Naturally, it wouldn't work because the refinery had another power failure the day before, remember?"

Of course that's just the alcohol talking in my head. I muttered a "I'll look into it, sir."

After that, I snoozed for another two hours. Bwahahahaha... Masama nga lang gising ko kasi it was only after snoozing did I realize that the refinery is waiting for my call and arrival, so harassed ako. With a hangover.

My action: two hours on the phone with my panelman operator to get a grasp of the possible system problems. Then it's a 5-minute phone call to discuss with the Engineering guy what actions need to be done, which I'll check upon my arrival.

Arrived at Batangas at 1730 H. Engineer got some of it right, some of it wrong. Had to arrange for a re-work.

9. PS2 MILESTONE [MON, 0045H]

I finished my 50th game (finish as in got the ending) on the PS2 last night. And the honors go to Square Enix' Full Metal Alchemist 2. Nice game, but it was too short for me. It took me just 7 hours to finish the game.

Next game to finish: Haunting Grounds

wowww... haba ng post ko ngayon ah. mind-wrecking weekend talaga. i need a vacation. next week.

No comments: