Friday, August 05, 2005

Injured

Yesterday afternoon I got my results for an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan of my left knee.

Findings: I have a short tear at my knee's posterior ligament.

Cause: most likely from badminton. The doc says it's usually common for people who often do lunging and/or backing motions.

Action: I'll have to wear a knee/thigh compression thingies whenever I indulge in activities that involves a lot of kneeling, lunging or backing. so that's basically every sport that I play. [Pilyo si doc, sabi rin n'ya I'll have to consider my 'labing-labing' positions. 'Tadu yun ah....]

Buti na lang it's only minor daw, so surgery is not needed. And at least, it'll heal by itself in 3 months if I don't play or 6 months if I continue with my usual activities.

And I have to do this every morning when I wake up: as soon as I get off my bed, I have to stand on my left leg only for about 30 seconds. If I can't do that because of pain in my knee area, then I'll have to visit the doc again and most probably I'll require surgery daw.

Feeling ko tuloy ngayon ang galing ko na sa badminton because I have a sport injury from it hehehe...

No comments: