Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Under the Rain, On the Roof

Last Sunday noon I experienced my first "heavy" rain for this year's rainy season.

I spent it on our roof declogging a drainage line. Water was seeping through our kitchen walls and I volunteered to check the roof drainage.

As I climbed the wooden ladder that I braced against a wall, I got an excited feeling that I haven't felt in a long time.

It's the feeling of being able to do about one's business carefree in the rain.

There I was, humming the battle theme of Gundam Seed while removing dead leaves from our rain gutter. I didn't had a raincoat on --- just a shirt, shorts and slippers. Even when the rain kept on pouring, I didn't mind it one bit.

I was at peace. Man, I haven't felt that in a long time.

Another great feeling: even though it was cold working in the rain, I felt warm inside.

Next time it rains heavily (as long as there's no lightning storm) and I'm indoors bumming around, I think I'll go outside and soak myself under the rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Naks! Naaalala ko tuloy yung "Ulan" ng Rivermaya. hehe... =)

stip said...

hahaha... bagay nga yung 'Ulan' na soundtrack ng Rivermaya. Emer, mag-blog ka na rin! :D