Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Good and The Bad

The BAD

If you think you can do a better job than me, I'll be more than happy to get my hands off of this project. I actually DARE you.

I'm already mentally exhausted over it, no thanks to the pressure from different parties. I choose to be credible than be "manipulative".

I'm really disappointed at the way we advocate Honesty and Integrity as core values but fail to uphold it when the pressure's applied.


The GOOD

I and my best friend went out for drinks on Saturday night with his 5-year-old son (my godson) in tow. We just came from a Superfriends-themed children's party earlier and decided to unwind a bit before heading to our respective homes.

Being the guys we are, the two of us soon found ourselves playing the "ratings" game for the girls that we see strolling by.

Me: "Hmm... she's a 7."
Him: "No way, man. At least an 8."
godson: "8!....9!....10!....11!"
Me: "Kid knows how to count. Great."
Him: "He's got gold stars for Math at his playschool. I'm not like that. Mana sa ninong!"
Me: "Dude, that's because I give him the incentive to do well at school, specially in Math. (to godson) Maq, what do you need to do to get a Gameboy?"
godson: "Learn to read and count! Ninong, sa school hindi pa kami nag-r-read... pa'no yun?"
Me: "You can ask your Papa."
Him: "Dude, 9 coming."
Me: "Yup, definitely a 9. Heard that? You can teach him to read."
Him: "My son's going to be a geek."
Me: "Hahahaha... I don't think so."
Godson: "Ninong, ninong, open your eyes! Open your eyes!"
Me: "Why? What do you want me to see?"
Godson: "(whispering) ...ten..."

Maq just spotted a really tall, good-looking lady. And definitely a ten.

Hahaha.

No comments: