Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Cheers

One weekend, my peers got me drunk on Scotch and I woke up not being able to remember more than 70% of what happened the previous night. I woke up on my bed still wearing the same clothes I wore the previous night with the most terrible hangover I’ve experienced in a year, plus a bruise on my shoulder which we haven't figured out yet how I got it.

Another weekend, my best friend got me drunk with wine. I do remember having drinks in the pool at his floating bar with his mom, very late in the night. I woke up at their guest room with no hangover; rather, I felt light and happy.

On another weekend, my cousin got me drunk with beer. He broke up with his girlfriend of 8 years a month ago, resigned from his job, and flying out to Singapore next month. We drank at my place, celebrating. I woke up on our living room couch with no hangover and my cousin snoring, a trail of vomit going to our front door.

Lastly, on another weekend, I fixed myself a shot of whiskey and played the piano (I haven’t played the piano in a long time) and the violin. I had the house to myself. I couldn’t sleep then, but I didn’t want to go out either. I woke up the following day with melodies in my head.

Drinks anyone?

6 comments:

hephaestus said...

tsk tsk... masama yang inom.

stip said...

it's a great way to relax, talk, unwind... and in my case, puts me in the Edgar Allan Poe frame of mind when I need it. =)

and anyway, these events are scattered over a 4 month period. as long as it's in moderation (schedule-wise, hehehe), i think it's okay.

hephaestus said...

Edgar Allan Poe? Like, having a gothic, murderous streak and all?

stip said...

gothic, murderous streak? Hahaha... no (i think...) It puts me in the mood for writing (and number-crunching) reports.

Anonymous said...

at least ndi Fernando Poe. (tugudugudugudug! Wapak!)

hephaestus said...

ah, kaya pala yung modelling natin ngayon e ----