Monday, June 09, 2008

Supernatural

1.
Out of 30-or-so distant relatives whom I got to talk to at my grandfather's funeral/wake all had the same story to share to me:

My lolo has been making the rounds in their dreams. Every single one of them have been haunted by my lolo in their dreams while they were sleeping. Some of them weren't aware of my grandfather's passing away, while the rest simply INITIALLY chose not to attend the funeral or the wake.

So I guess this proves that seeing ghosts and supernatural stuff are common in my mother's side of the family (lolo was my mother's father).

My mom thinks that being the prudent and proud (but stingy) man my grandfather is, he made rounds in the dreamworld to ensure that his wake and funeral is well-attended, thereby generating enough abuloys (alms) to cover most of his own funeral expenses.

Even in death, he remained proud.

2.
Our Baclaran house is my lola's property, and never was my grandfather's. So all the while, I believed that the house test I and the rest of my family believed in will not change in terms of mechanics.

My lola's house test was simple: Bring your friend or guest to our old Baclaran house for a night's stay. If the guest finds himself scared shit or screaming in the middle of the night, he failed the test. If he gets a good night's sleep/rest, he passed the test.

The people who fail would normally describe a clammy feeling of someone grasping their ankles or legs in the middle of their sleep. The really unfortunate ones think that they saw a hand or two hovering above their feet.

My dead grandma grants a good night's sleep to those guests whom she thinks are good influences to the host. Conversely, she provides an "unforgettable" experience to those whom she think will be bad influences.

So far, there have been only four cases of screamers among the various guests that I and the rest of my siblings have brought over to our house for a sleepover.


3.
Now that my grandfather's dead, it seems that there's been a new set of nightmarish experiences at our Baclaran house.

Some of the old people who found themselves dozing off while trying to maintain a vigil had dreams of my lolo sitting on top of their chests, and trying to open their mouths with his bare hands.

I'm puzzled by what that dream meant. None in my immediate family have experienced it so far.

At any rate, I am making a mental note of that particular nightmare. It can be a potential 'test'.

No comments: