Friday, June 20, 2008

1. Discordia 2. Relief 3. Milestones

FIRST.
I would never have thought that whom I was certain to be a peacekeeper would put on a mask of discord.
The change in persona took me by surprise, and got me disappointed.
I would like to believe that it was just a mask.
I would like to think that he/she was just on drugs.
Or that the peacekeeper had to resort to war tactics. Some of history’s great leaders believed that peace can be attained by engaging in wars, never mind the collateral damage. Such, I think the peacekeeper thought so.
Otherwise, my belief system needs a revamp.
I’ll sit back, watch and see how the situation will evolve.

SECOND
The last time I had a cold (and not flu) was back in sixth grade.
It was a cold. Not a runny nose which usually goes with my semi-annual flu bouts or my occasional episodes of allergic rhinitis.
It was a cold with the works. Stuffy nose, difficulty breathing through my nostrils, heaps of Kleenex tissues needed. And the characteristic yellow mucus that comes with a bad cold.
I tried all sorts of home remedies. But I think the remedy set which finally cured me was a big steaming bowl of chicken tinola, supplemented by hot calamansi juice with honey.
So after 11 days of having a nasal voice and a blocked airway, I woke up one day with my breathing back to normal.
It’s a simple joy to be back to normal.

THIRD
Of course, reasons to celebrate. Milestones.
Let’s start with a simple thing.
I almost whooped with ecstasy at the swimming pool yesterday.
I managed to do a tumble turn 75% right. Two of my colleagues showed me how early this week, and were giving me pointers on how to do it properly.
Yesterday, I was at the swimming pool again. And I decided to test myself if I can do it.
I think I executed it right, because it felt right and natural. Freestyle swimming: stroke-stroke-breathe-tuck arms in-use core muscles to whip body forward-blow out through nose-twist underwater.
I missed hitting the end-wall of the pool though (was about a foot off). So I wasn’t able to kick against it. Hahaha...

And on to a more grand milestone.
Receiving a big brown envelope is cause for celebration in my workgroup.
I’ve been on my current assignment for only two months, and yesterday I was handed a big brown envelope.
Inside was a letter of congratulations, and stating a certain award.
Wahooo!
That big brown envelope makes my current job a bit more palatable.
And to think that I was doing things normally, my way, my style, the last two months. It seems that my workgroup recognizes such work ethics, and gives corresponding rewards for it.

No comments: