Friday, February 08, 2008

Abstinence Day 2

I was craving for steamed crabs yesterday. I imagined picking 2 or 3 of the fattest crabs at the palengke, pincers still tied up in string and their beady eyes peering at their surroundings. I visualized myself giving the crabs a quick rinse at the sink, then dumping them into my biggest pot along with a bottle of Sprite and a generous sprinkle of salt. I could almost smell the wonderful odor of Sprite being simmered in the pot and that delicious odor of crabs being steamed until they turn to that delicious shade of red.

I could see myself with a big plate of steaming rice and a small bowl of patis before me, and steamed crabs ready to be eaten.

However, it's hard to get hold of a fresh crab here in my workplace hence my craving is left unsatisfied.

I had to settle for canned tuna last night.

-----------------

Benny and Anne hosted a thanksgiving dinner at Gerry's last night, but I begged off from their invitation. I'd rather sweat it out a bit last night -- a couple of laps around the compound, 30 minutes in the pool and an hour of badminton. I need to clear up my head a bit. In the last two days, I've been self-studying matrix manipulations and recursion techniques on a linear program I'm using blah-blah-blah... really geeky stuff that would titillate hardcore industrial engineers. (I'm not one, by the way!)

I wonder if I can credit this linear programming stuff towards my penitence?

2 days down, 38 more to go.

No comments: