Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Typhoon Mis-Adventures

I think yesterday was a record-holding day for me, in terms of the most number of expletives and curses I've churned out in one afternoon.

Blame it on the rain.

I spent more than 4 hours inside my car at SLEX (Bicutan area) yesterday morning/afternoon in a standstill traffic situation.

And as luck would have it, my car's fuel tank was almost empty.

The situation for me and my car yesterday was hopeless, so I left my car at SLEX, left the hazard lights 'on', placed a wheel lock in my steering wheel and removed all valuable items from the car.

I had to walk (with my laptop in tow) from Bicutan all the way to Villamor Air Base. And I haven't even had breakfast or lunch yet. It took me about one-and-a-half hour of walking, avoiding muddy puddles along the way. At Villamor Air Base, I was able to get a tricycle and spent another hour onboard it before we got to our house in Baclaran.

Dammit dammit dammit. Hungry, wet and tired. Plus the worry that my car might be towed or stolen or stripped off its wheels.

-----------------------

At around 9 pm last night, I and my elder brother got to my car. I had to siphon off gasoline from the container we brought along and hose it to my car's fuel tank. (Did you know that the fuel tanks have a check valve?)

The gasoline vapors made me feel wretched the rest of the night. I wanted to vomit.

-----------------------

Wasn't able to report to work this morning. I arrived at Batangas at around 1030 am today.

3 comments:

Kulotsalot said...

naku wawa naman stip!!!

Reyjr said...

damn.

U.T.O.Y said...

stiffy ok lang un...me weekend getaway naman bawe ka nalang...hehehe