Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Vertical Marathon

It was really so stupid of me to sign up for the first Vertical Marathon to be held in the country and not consult my travel/work calendar. I've paid the registration fee, but I didn't show up. Because I'm in another country. Sheesh!! Apologies to Keith and Zara for my no-show...

DLSU Outdoor Club and Adidas recently held the ADIDAS AKYAT ANDREW Vertical Marathon at my alma mater's Bro. Andrew Building. There were only 20 slots for alumni (total of 200 participants). It's a 20-storey up-and-down run on one of the campus' newer buildings. It's suppossed to be another one of my 'first-time' activities, and a chance to re-connect with the school that taught me the clenched fist in announcing my alma mater's name.


Shucks... participant's shirt lang naman habol ko hehe.

Anyway, thanks for pictures guys. Maybe next year.

--------------

Something about running, Roms invited me to join him in the Putrajaya Marathon here in Malaysia on August 12th. Sus... I'm not ready for a full-scale marathon. Really tempting though for me --- I want to find out my official long distance running limit. I have three obstacles: my knee problem (badminton and wall-climbing related), my respiratory handicap (courtesy of my stressful work) and my endurance boundaries. Maybe after a year of training and cutting down on Winston Lights.

--------------

It was raining heavily when we called it a night for the masterplanning work I'm doing with the team here at Petronas Tower. Stepping out of the building, I saw that it's gonna take me a long wait to get a taxi back to my hotel. So I decided to walk the 400-meter distance back to my hotel.

As I was walking unshielded from the evening rain, I couldn't help but notice the people passing me by, sans umbrellas or jackets, in a great hurry. Some had file folders or sheafs of papers placed over heads while half-walking half-running in the rain.

Maybe these people are unaware of the established fact that between walking or running in the rain, one intercepts more water droplets if you run.

Granting that, I pity them for letting their paperwork get wet and probably ruined just to reduce their getting drenched by a measly percent. Probably, those papers took them hours or even days just to write the contents. I pity the papers. I pity the people too, because they're not really aware of what they're doing and not doing.

There I go again, talking nonsense. Must be the rain's effect on me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah stiff... you stood me up!!! pasalubong ha! and hope that you can join us in the next activity (wala pa nga lang plans of what that will be...). mwah!

U.T.O.Y said...

sana nipalit mo ko dito!!!!