Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Run

I needed to clear my head earlier. So I put on my running shoes and ran some laps around the compound.

Not bad. Did 4 laps non-stop in exactly 36 minutes. And one lap is about 1.2 kilometers.

I can't point out a singular reason which has pushed me to run recently. Maybe it's because I'm trying to compensate for my 4-month absence from the gym. Or that I'm looking for a stress-relieving activity. Or that I want to fit into my size-29 jeans comfortably again. Or that reading Carmela's livejournal inspires me to take up running. Or I'm psyching myself that running will strengthen my knee. Or that sweating it out while running somewhat clears my lungs of the cigarettes I smoked during the day and flushes the alcohol I've consumed in the past days. Or simply to pass boredom. Or just to challenge myself. Or to let my mind empty out the day's thoughts. Or reminisce a particular date, time and place.

Since I've been running almost every other day, I've set a target of bring down my lap time to 8 minutes per lap for 6 consecutive laps around the compound.

1 comment:

U.T.O.Y said...

tigilan na kc ang yosi....