Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Congratulations and Best Wishes, NIKS and DEE!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I think that's a diamond-crusted titanium-gold ring with a round brilliant cut white-pink diamond.

I missed the momentous announcement last Sunday night at Starbucks Katipunan (I was on duty!). Thank goodness for our avid photographer Tintoot.

Niks is one of my airsoft acquaintances (one of the more talented and aggressive players I know). I knew him way back from the games back at "The Mall", then at whappakk nights, then on badminton games and recently as part of his team.

Dee, I first met when Chie and I were regularly climbing at Power-up Pasig. Niks was going away for his Chicago assignment. On one of our regular climbs, Niks and his brother Ru showed up with two ladies (Dee and Keysa) at Power-up to join us. After the climb, all of us had dinner at Metrowalk.

Since then, I'd chance upon Dee at some airsoft games.

Last year, after Niks got back from his Chicago assignment, we had a small gathering at Starbucks Metrowalk. It was there that he proudly introduced me to Dee: "Stip, have you met MY girlfriend?"

Since then, I've regularly seen the two in our gatherings for coffee, games, dinner (the two of them, when together, have enviable appetites!) and overnight drinking sessions.

I'm pretty sure that if I were at Starbucks Katipunan last Sunday, Niks would have mentioned something like: "Stip, have you met MY fiance'?"

Congratulations, you two! :D

P.S.
So I wonder when will Jayjay and RG make their own announcements?

No comments: