Thursday, July 07, 2005

Birthday Greeting

Kits = big guy, jock stereotype. Me = small, nerdy-looking guy. That was 10 years ago.

In the last ten years we've known and hang out together:

1. We've argued major-time over a card game of "1-2-3 Pass".

2. The first time we both got drunk and wasted was at Tia Maria's in Malate, after downing 5 pitchers of those margaritas after a month into the 1st trimester of our first school year. The next day I had an allergy attack.

3. We went head-to-head at soccer during our PE, and it's the only sport that I managed to beat you at school. It turned out that I'm a better dribbler than you hahaha. Later on, we'd be reassigned to other playing positions: you as striker for your team and me as the goalie for our team. Hahaha... remember the time that you kicked the ball so hard for a penalty and i managed to block it with my head and i ended up with a nose bleed?

4. We've done the whole bit of interviewing hospitality girls at Malate, Taft, Roxas Boulevard and asking their 'rates'.

5. You almost drowned me by dragging me out to the sea on one of our term break escapades, knowing that I don't know how to swim at that time. Damn you. Hehehe...

6. Not once I offered you help on your courses, and not once you asked for mine. We both respected our own and other's academic abilities.

7. That my first drag of jutes was at your car just outside Power Plant mall.

8. That my second drag of jutes was with your mom at your house, and we ended up laughing and hungry the whole night. Food trip! (and your mom is cool by the way)

9. Sleepovers, mostly often because we end up drinking too much at your house and you and your mom wouldn't allow me to drink and drive.
9.1. and for that, your mom refers to me as her "second son". touchy but mushy.
9.2. and because of that, you started calling me your "kid brother".


10. Being the mediator between you and your wife whenever you argue. The funniest one was when you were arguing about your preferred sex position hahahaha.

11. In our bar drinking sessions, how we'd try to best each other in getting to be acquainted with some "lonely ladies". Winning formula: send them a free drink c/o the bartender.

12. And again on sex life, how you kept track of mine and you kept on updating me about yours.

13. Us witnessing each other's careers, and being the other's career advisor.

14. You leaving bachelorhood, and making me as your best man and eventually the godparent of your first son.

15. Most embarassing moment in you presence: the time we had dinner at Italianni's with your mom, and she asked me to touch her boobs and check if it's firm or not.

I'll add on to this list as I remember them along.

Now, Kits = big guy sporting a daddy look (belly and all, hahaha). Me = still the same guy but 20 pounds bulkier.

Happy birthday, bespren! Here's to another year of keeping the friendship alive!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks dude! hindi dude yung favorite expression ko. it's 'ma man!'.

don't forget your gift for me, Maqui and LJ! unofficial ninong ka ni LJ ha? hehehehe...