Friday, October 03, 2008

One More Chance

It’s ironic that the first group-watching, popcorn-laden, wine-drinking movie that was previewed at my new pad was a local romantic film.

One, I rarely watch Tagalog movies. Generally, I find the scriptwriting and videography of the local films too common; I’d rather be engrossed playing a video game than watch a ho-hum movie.

Two, it was a romantic film. Cheesy films are just not my type. I’m more of the horror-movie type of fan.

The Tu/Th swimming club decided to have a movie session last night after our regular laps at the pool. After a sumptuous dinner of Cille’s chicken wings, Rico’s caldereta and my salted porkchops, everyone squeezed into my studio-type pad to watch Angelle’s movie selection for the night, One More Chance (starring John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo). 10 of us settled down, passed around wine (excellent dry wine!) brought by Maimai and sugar-coated donuts contributed by Julie.

It wasn’t meant to be a funny movie, but we found ourselves laughing half of the time because of somebody else’s occasional side-comment. Some of the characters and situations reminded us of relate-able events and personalities at our workplace.

Anyway, the movie wasn’t that bad. What it didn’t make up for the storyline, the side-stories among the movie-watchers made it enjoyable.

I hope they suggest seeing a horror flick next time. Or a sci-fi movie. =)

P.S.

1) Good luck to Angelle for her upcoming board exams. Yep, the reason for the movie night was because she’s gonna be away for a month to review for her board exams.
2) Good luck din to Boks for your annual physical exam. Hehehe.

No comments: