Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Value of PI

It all started when I came across this graffiti vandaled in a toilet cubicle:

"Beauty times brains equals constant."

However, I mentally debated that the measures of both beauty and brains are highly subjective. Hence, I concluded further that the value of beauty times brains must be an imaginary number.

What a geeky humor, haha.

It got me thinking, in a humorous manner, what else can I think of as 'constant'.

I've hypothesized that I need to prove that the "The Law of Conservation of Mass" applies to my department: The total mass of schedulers and planners equals a constant. A corollary of this, therefore, is that if any in our team is gaining weight for some reason, the other members of the team will lose the corresponding amount of weight.

As a side-theorem, I also concluded that the Total workstress in my workgroup is a constant. If one or more persons are stressed due to their workload, the other members enjoy a less stressful environment.

Other working theories in the pipeline:

1) The stammering rate at which a certain manager blurts out "but-but-but-but-but" is a constant.
2) The number of brains working effectively in the process engineering group at any given time is a constant. (A more prudent statement will be: "The overall efficiency of the process engineering group at any given time is a constant.")
3) The total opportunity to receive formal training in our organization is a constant (and close to zero).

Of course, all of these are debatable. Like the value of Pi has been under debate for the past 900 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the humor! Shucks! Does that make me a geek too? =P But seriously, I think the same principles also apply to my HP team. Hehehe...

hephaestus said...

hay stip, madaming ganyang constant sa mundo. applicable yan kay inday, for sure. hahaha! peace inday...