Friday, May 16, 2008

Change of Season

1.

Summer has been announced to be officially over by our national weather bureau PAGASA last May 12th.

It was too short.

And the bad thing about it is the early onset of my change-of-season flu. And apparently, my flu shots last year are no good against the flu bug that bit me a couple of nights ago.

From sweating it out in the sun to having fever-chills in my bedroom last night:
had to trade my sunscreen and board shorts for anti-pyretic meds and bed comforters,
mango-banana shakes got replaced by warm fruit juice,
grilled foodfare gets substituted with chicken broth.
outdoor sports make way for some book reading.

All I'm wishing for now is just one more weekend of sun and sports, and I'll gladly accept afterwards that summer is indeed over. It makes having this flu more "acceptable".

-----------------------

2.
People change just like the seasons.
I've seen a lot of changes in people over summer. Some for the good, some for the worse.

No comments: