Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Why there is Christmas

Christmas, for me, is a good excuse to show appreciation and thanks to the people who have contributed to my personal well-being --- a healthy sanity level, physical well being, a reasonable E.Q., and managing matters of the heart. =D This is actually the basis of my annual Christmas shopping and gift-giving list for non-family members. I admit that when it comes to saying 'thanks' sincerely (even if the recipient perfectly does not expect it), I'm a perfect chicken.

Coming from where I am, I find this the best Christmas message I've received among my peers.

"Days coming and going and the lack of immediate intimacy don't have to change how we have been, how we are and how we will be for each other. Thanks for everything everybody.

Apir!"







Pao is my second cousin and incidentally was my classmate from kindergarten to fourth year high school. He's such a good boy that if my mom can have her way, she'd officially announce that she is his unofficial ninang.

This year, Pao survived a break-up (11 years of going steady), his father (uncle Tommy) had 2 degenerative stroke attacks and finally surrendered a month ago, he was unemployed for a time and still managed to find means to keep his core family (mom and sis and nephew) live decently. In his times of need, even without asking me to, I'd dip into my funds and readily aid him. His cause is worthy and sincere; in fact, it's both heroic and admirable.

Christmas is about giving thanks. And this is the most sincere one I've seen. =)

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: