Friday, January 21, 2005

Read, Listen, Play

READ:

Most awesome read in the last 30 days --- Dragons of Summer Flame. The team-up between the descendants of my favorite characters in the Dragonlance Chronicles, white mage Palin Majere (son of Camaron, nephew of Raistlin) and dark knight Steel Brightblade (son of Sturm Brightblade), is definitely the best that I've read in any fantasy book. The book is a great follow-up on the combined stories of the Dragonlance Legends Trilogy and Dragonlance Chronicles Trilogy. The gripping plot, fantastic storytelling and powerful imagery used in this 350+ page book allowed me to finish it in less than 36 hours.

Current read --- Quicksilver, by Neal Stephenson. I picked up this book last weekend while browsing through a local bookstore. I'm a sucker for a bookstore's "featured book", and I usually buy them after being satisfied with the critic reviews on the book cover and flyleaf.

Quicksilver is the first book in an epic trilogy set in 1600-1700s. I'm only into the first 90 pages or so, I've no idea of what the book is all about yet (I'm guessing it's related to alchemy), but I've already met Isaac Newton. What's holding my interest at the moment is that I get to read (and imagine) the human side of famous brains like Newton, Euclid (geometry), Leibniz (calculus) --- people termed as Natural Philosophers.

Okay, okay... it's a bit of high-interest-material for nerds as of the moment. I'm hoping that there'll be some development later on in the book to make it qualify for general patronage. Otherwise, I wasted 1200 pesos on it.

LISTEN:

Maroon5 - Songs for Jane. Two songs on my last-song-syndrome playlist: (1) Harder to Breathe and (2) This Love.

PLAY:

Badminton thrice a week. My backhand cross-court drop shot is definitely improving. Wall-climbing once a week. Gonna buy climbing shoes by next week. I believe that I'll get a +5 rating for my agility and dexterity, and a +2 rating on my form (hahahaha!). Playstation2 every night. Just finished Growlanser Generations 2, and I'll move on to Generations3 next week for my PS2 gaming.

It's Friday, wahooo!

No comments: