Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sa Tagal Ko Ng Hindi Nag-b-blog...

...ay pinansin na ng mga tao kung bakit hindi na ko nag-b-blog.

Well, plenty of reasons not to blog recently.

1. Plenty of work/tasks. Audits, reviews, evening telecons, meetings. Troubleshooting of various LP models. Economics analysis.

2. Plenty of parties. Weddings, stag parties, birthday parties, victory parties, date-parties and your usual gimik nights.

3. Plenty to read. In the last month alone, I've bought fourteen books! Mostly children's literature but I was able to get a couple of horror books from a secondhand bookstore. And, I'm already done with reading them.

4. Plenty of games. Playstation has been keeping me busy recently -- I just finished Batman: Arkham Asylum (very cool game), currently playing Ninja Gaiden 2 (I'm looking for a really good co-op player), still have to play Beatles: Rockband, and I have yet to pick-up my Drake: Among Thieves. Yup... Christmas is early for video gamers. =D

5. Plenty of Ultimate Frisbee. Our team finished as champions in the recently concluded Monsoon League. We bested 7 other teams. Been playing this sport for only a year, and I've really enjoyed the experience so far. Practice/training sessions every Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons.

6. Plenty to drum around. I try to practice on my drums for at least 4 hours per week. Currently beating to the music of Green Day.

-----------------

I’m thinking of bright sunshine, ice-cold drinks, salty air and a white sand beach. And some nice beach music. And the occasional hot pretty girl in an awesome swimsuit taking a tan under the sun as I go beachcombing.

And the bar parties. Don’t forget the bar parties, where 4 out of 5 times I do something entertainingly stupid that everybody except me remembers that ‘entertainingly stupid’ thing that I apparently did.

OR

I’m thinking of the humid rainforest, muddy trails, rough tree bark and my fullpack. Afterwhich, night descends to bring its cold darkness countered by a warm campfire. Hot soup and gin pomelo. Laughter all around the campfire.

And being at the peak, admiring the three-hundred-sixty-degree-view. With the wind blowing against us. Being amazed that everything beneath and around you was the work of a Supreme Being.

Kelan kaya ako mag-b-beach or aakyat ng bundok uli?

------------------

I can swim again!

Seven weeks ago, I injured my right ankle during frisbee practice. An X-ray scan and an MRI scan diagnosed that my RLA ligament had a tear, and that it should take 2-4 weeks for it to fully recover. For the next four weeks I was hobbling around, not doing anything stressful for my ankle (my cardio was restricted to biking only). The orthopediologist fitted me with an ankle brace to partially immobilize my ankle. He also gave me instructions to undergo physical therapy for 3 hours per week.

Since I've mentioned to the doc that I go wall-climbing, mountaineering, swimming, running and ultimate frisbee as my sports activities, he required me to take the 'hop test' to ensure that my ankle's fully recovered before I take on my sports again. I failed it twice (on weeks 4 and 5).

On week 5, the metal braces were removed from my ankle brace. But I still had to wear the ankle laces. The doc allowed me to try swimming. I had problems with doing flutter kicks (painful on my ankle) so after a single lap attempt on the pool I gave up.

On week 6, I passed the 'hop test'. But I did complain that there was still some significant pain and a slight swellig in my ankle.

Well, because it's been 6 weeks already, the doc asked me if I wanted to have another MRI scan to see how my torn ligament was doing. So I had another MRI scan.

The tear is gone, but the ligament was bulky. And it seems that some fibers got caught in my ankle bone.

Apparently, I had a fracture seven weeks ago!

Oh well... the pain is now permanent. I can live with it.
The alternative is that they can shatter my ankle again and set it properly.

-----------

Major party this coming Saturday! "Cos tonight is gonna be a good night..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RG is planning a day hike on the 27 Nov., Mt. Batulao via new trail... let us know if you want to join :)

leo a.

stip said...

uy Leo A! sige, would like to join. kaso hindi na holiday yung Nov 27...