Monday, February 12, 2007

Two for the Books (or in this case, the Blog)

FIRST

I'll never hear the end of this.

Last Saturday, I attended Volt and Donna's wedding at Tagaytay attended mostly by my peers and colleagues at our workplace. Let's skip the ceremonies and go straight to the 'interesting' things that happened to me.

When Volt and Donna released the doves after walking down the aisle, both of the doves flapped their wings at their sudden freedom. To my surprise (and shock), both of the doves decided to land at my feet. The more mature people among the guests commented that it is a very good omen of things to come to me. Uh-oh.... I think I'm not ready yet for what they're thinking of those 'good things' that will come my way.

At the reception, there was the standard game for the bachelors and bachelorettes among the guests. To make the long story short, I and my selected partner received the white flower among the reds, which means that I get the garter and need to 'garterize' my partner. Double uh-oh....

And to make things worse for me (I think, hahaha), the program required the new bride-and-groom to act three kisses which I and my partner needed to duplicate. Uh-oh uh-oh uh-oh... I think it's fair of me to assume that me, my partner and our situation had the whole venue shouting, kilig and cheering on their feet.

I'm not saying that I didn't like what happened to me, but it really was an awkward situation. =)

. . . . . . . .

SECOND

It was crazy of me and Gel to drive straight to Clark from Tagaytay (after the wedding) that Saturday night just to catch the 11th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Festival. We got there at 130 am. Buti na lang hindi kami nauubusan ng pagkukuwentuhan, otherwise the long drive will be a tedious task. But being there early was clearly a good decision, based on the photos we took and featured at Gel's blog.

We signed up for a photo contest, saw the balloons get inflated and released, got to ride a tethered hot air balloon, befriended several photographers and admired some girls (ahihihi...).

On the drive back to Batangas (Gel and I had to take turns between sleeping and driving), we stopped at a fruit stand near Angeles exit where I was able to buy Zambales mangoes (those small sweet ones which I last tasted when I was still in elementary school) and finally satisfy my year-old craving for street-food fishball.

4 comments:

Kulotsalot said...

yiheeeeeeeeeeeeee stippydoodledandy!!! =)

Anonymous said...

ah that's the part i missed- kissing ba? expound naman on the 3 kisses. yiheeeeeeee lips for kissing.

Anonymous said...

anonymous, try viewing from HERE! Wehehehe!

stip said...

anonymous, kulet mo talaga! hahaha...

yihee kayo dyan...