Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lucid Moment

After a hectic evening with my best friend last week when his wife delivered their third son at Makati Med and going over his personal 5-year plan to manage his family and potential career change:

"Dude, thanks for being my best friend."
And I blurted, "No need for that, Kits..."
"Shut up, let me finish."
(ooops...okay....)
"Really, I am very thankful in having you as my best friend. I really wouldn't have survived college, employment-hunting, settling with Marge and raising my family without you. You were there for me when my parents separated, when I got Marge pregnant, when we were troubled financially, raising my family... (he's getting teary-eyed at this point)... Really pare, thanks."

I was sort of smiling already at that point.

"What are you smiling at?"

"First time I've seen you cry."

"Tangina mo, pare."

Hahahaha.... and we were back to our schoolboyish behaviors.

No comments: