Monday, August 14, 2006

Climbing with the Charmed Ones

Blossom invited me to join her, Val, Kat and Agnes in wall-climbing at Play Underground in Power Plant Mall last Saturday. I met them at three in the afternoon.

Here's my assessment of their climbing skills:

Kat: Has highest potential. She managed to do some twists (I think it comes naturally to her), and almost conquered her first overhang. And her competitive nature is a plus.

Blos: Okay for a beginner. She knows how to shift her weight and use that to get a better hold. She also has some of the basics right (see Val).

Val: She has the basics right. She extends her arms fully and at least one of her legs. Both Val and Blos breezed through the beginner walls.

Agnes: The ultimate beginner! Hehe... Okay, Agnes needs to avoid being in a squat position while climbing (hence her legs become shaky). She also has the tendency to lean into the wall (trying to keep her body as close to the wall as possible) which is a bit demanding to the forearms. Lastly, she settles in grabbing the next nearest hold (when there are better holds a bit farther off) and rarely tries to extend her arms fully.

As for me, I was really surprised in discovering that I managed to climb on my first attempts walls number 5 and 6 (intermediate) with ease. Wall number 5 had an overhang, while wall number 6 had a negative gradient. At least my climbing skills haven't disappeared yet despite my 10-month absence from the wall-climbing scene.

Anyway, I had fun with you girls! Hoping that there's a next time! =)

---------------

After the climg, we rested a 'bit' at Starbucks and the girls grilled me on my lovelife. Hahaha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and why wasn't i invited??!?!?! i was in manila saturday. want me to bring a friend to hold your ass again?
and hindi ako ito. :)

stip said...

Chie!!! there's no mistaking na ikaw yan! Hahahaha...

'Kala ko kasi you were out diving e. You said so yourself last week during coffee.

Meron ka pa bang friend na nanghahawak sa pwet? =)